STAY UP TO DATE WITH OUR CURRENT AFFAIRS, SUBSCRIBE NOW WITH YOUR EMAIL
ANC EKURHULENI CAUCUS ACCOUNTS TO THE COMMUNITY OF WARD 92
01 October 2019
As part of ensuring accountability to the citizens of Ekurhuleni, ANC Ekurhuleni Caucus led by Chief Whip Cllr Jongizizwe Dlabathi delivered a service delivery report to hundreds of residents at a public meeting in ward 92, Sizwe Secondary School at Elandsfontein, Ekurhuleni on Tuesday, 01 0ctober 2019.
In his address, Clr Dlabathi articulated some of the government programmes and ANC Caucus focus areas.
ANC Councillors began the day with the door to door in Emabondweni Informal settlement and in other 5 Voting Districts where a number service delivery issues were identified. These include lack of proper water and sanitation, electricity, illegal dumping and waste removal, and billing system amongst others.
“We strongly believe that by making the area livable, it will bring dignity to our people, especially those who are staying in informal settlements areas such as Emabondweni. Therefore, an assessment of a number of chemical toilets required in the area will resume on Friday” ANC Chief Whip Cllr Jongizizwe Dlabathi said.
The ANC led government has committed to build 100 000 (One Hundred Thousand) houses and 59 000 (Fifty Nine Thousand) service stands in the current term of office. So far, the ANC government has built 26 000 houses.
In ensuring that we become a responsive caucus, the following IDP priorities are earmarked for development in ward 92.
• Development of ERF 40/63 IR and Elandsfontein between Olifant, Serenade, Amber and Kraft Roads, Elandsfontein and development of a taxi rank on this stand with upper level for the multi-purpose centre with library indoor sports facility
• Rehabilitation and upgrading of electricity network in Northern Germiston network prioritising the small cables supplying the households of Elandsfontein, Elandsfontein rail, Sunny Ridge & Sunny Rock, Gerdview, Homestead, Actavia Park, Rustivia and Wannenburghoote ;Primrose; rehabilitating of Sunnyridge substation
• Refurbishment of sewer infrastructure at Elandsfontein Rail and Meadowdale Klopper Park; Harmelia; Highway gardens; Buurendal
• Replacement of storm water channel between Cowie and Cunninghan roads and Beverly Avenue Highway Gardens and increase the capacity of Buurendaal dam
• Upgrade and rehabilitation of the Marland substation and upgrade of small cables leading from the Marlands substation to the households of Marlands, Woodmere and Primrose East
As part of complimenting the organisational work, Cllr Dlabathi introduced the ward councillor candidate Harold Thomas to the community of Ward 92 in Ekurhuleni.
The position became vacant after the DA ward councillor resigned. The Ward 92 by-elections will be held on 23 October 2019.
Clr Dlabathi says after thorough internal consultation within the governing party, Harold is a preferred ward councillor candidate to represent the ANC in the upcoming by-elections.
He appealed to the community of ward 92 to vote ANC on 23 October 2019.
ANC Ekurhuleni Caucus and all opposition parties paid tribute to Councillor Gregory Raymond Malebo in an Extra Ordinary Council Sitting at THE Germiston Council Chambers, OR Tambo Municipal Precinct, Germiston on Monday, 27 January 202.